No, it’s not a scam. But let’s take a look at this famous program!
The Barefoot Writer, part of American Writers & Artists Inc. (or AWAI), is an online club and community set up to help people like you become a highly-paid and sought-after writer.
Their goal is to help people break free from the “starving artist” mentality, and to live the laptop lifestyle writing for cash.
But is it just another scam, or is it indeed legit? Let’s dive in!
My Review of Barefoot Writer
Website: https://www.thebarefootwriter.com/ and The Barefoot Writer
Owner: AWAI (https://www.awai.com)
Current Price: $249/year (but get a refund within a year if you aren’t happy)
Current offer (ends Sept 30, 2023):
The program is now on sale for a limited time at $200 off. Enroll now for just $49 (scroll to bottom of page).
What is the Barefoot Writer and How Does It Work?
The Barefoot Writer is a club / community, website and magazine that helps anyone with a passion for writing become a professional writer.
Their goal is to help anyone make a great living from writing and be their own boss.
On their website, you can sign up for a free career guide to get a flavor of what it might be like to write full-time or as a part-time gig, and what you need to get started and thrive.
Their free report requires your email address and name before you can access it. Of course, take note that you can expect to receive further resources from the team once you sign up.
As with any newsletter though, you can unsubscribe anytime.
What Do You Get With The Barefoot Writer?
Here is just some of what you get when you sign up as a member of the club. You get access to a copywriting course for free as part of your membership.
This is one avenue I highly recommend and I have used copywriting to build my profile online – it’s an essential skill in this economy. Building your own brand and profile helps you become recession-proof.
And of course, you can always contact the team if you need more info.
Barefoot Writer Pros vs. Cons
- A ton of resources, tips and guides to help you get started as a writer. Of course, you will need to put in the work to succeed (like anything in life).
- A community of over 25,000 fellow writers and aspiring writers – you get access to a huge club of people in the same boat as you. We all know community is huge, so this is a massive plus.
- Risk-free investment. They offer a 12 month, 100% money back guarantee now – definitely a pro!
- Information may be overwhelming – but you can always filter the emails and set aside the guides and come back to them later.
- You need to pay to get access to the club – there are no free trials BUT you have a 12 month refund option / guarantee!
- They are selling the dream, and if you believe you can make a great living without putting in the work, you may be disappointed.
Here are some of the positive reviews of the course from those who have benefited from the club, its content and the support provided. Note again that these results may not be typical, and you have to put in the work.
So, the Barefoot Writer is not a scam but as with anything, just signing up won’t make you rich or even a paid writer overnight. You do have to commit to building your own list of clients or the means to make money writing.
Do I recommend signing up? Yes. If the Barefoot Writer did not come with a guarantee, I would say be cautious about signing up to a paid program before you have made a cent from writing.
But with the test drive, you have the option to give the club, guides, resources and support a go risk-free. So, I would recommend trying it out, and you can always ask for a refund if it’s not for you.
The club also comes highly recommended from those who have signed up. For me, the biggest benefit with a community is the support, encouragement, advice and inspiration you get in your journey.
If you’re ready to make the leap, you can sign up here.
Have you ever used Barefoot Writer? What are your thoughts on it? Feel free to leave a comment below, and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.